Wednesday, October 24, 2012

EOD Experience


First time being a coordinator! First experience! I can’t hide my fear as a first – timer on this craft. A week before the big event of the couple, I kept on asking Ms. Jessie on what to do, what to say and what to wear on that event. My mind was preoccupied with the word “perfection”. That day should be perfect! There’s no room for mistakes. Until that day comes. I was assigned at the church to organize things even to the smallest details. As I stepped in at the church door, I took a deep breath, made sign of the cross and whispered to myself, “I Can Do It!” I put on my radio and belt bag, grabbed my folder and faced people!

As time passed by, the members of the entourage are coming. Gave them their materials and instructed them on what to do. And they were all set! Church Program has to start! That time I didn’t get nervous. I’m enjoying it! At that point, perfection comes so easily.

Being in a team whom you are working with, who is a group of enthusiastic and aggressive youth people is a blast! You will never let yourself be left behind. Your potentials can easily be shown up. Either be a first – timer or an experienced coordinator would feel the same as mine if you are in this group. No overpowering the other rather helping each other to become better. Adding up is by having a great Head Coordinator who don’t just act as superior and give orders but a colleague that keeps on reminding us just to have fun in what we are doing.

Different individuals with different personalities combined to work as one team.

A team you can trust!
 
-Blog written by Ms. Irene Mora, an EOD organizer.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

15th PeLS National Conference goes virtual with Events on Demand

  For most businesses and organizations, setting up events like conferences and exhibits is considered one of the best ways to effectively c...